Contributing to django-taggit¶
Thank you for taking the time to contribute to django-taggit.
Follow these guidelines to speed up the process.
Reach out before you start¶
Fork the repository¶
Once you have forked this repository to your own GitHub account, install your own fork in your development environment:
git clone email@example.com:<your_fork>/django-taggit.git cd django-taggit python setup.py develop
Follow style conventions (black, flake8, isort)¶
Check that your changes are not breaking the style conventions with:
tox -e black,flake8,isort
Update the documentation¶
If you introduce new features or change existing documented behavior, please remember to update the documentation.
The documentation is located in the
docs directory of the repository.
To do work on the docs, proceed with the following steps:
pip install sphinx sphinx-build -n -W docs docs/_build
To make a release, the following needs to happen:
- Bump the version number in
- Update the changelog (making sure to add the (Unreleased) section to the top)
- Get those changes onto the
- Tag the commit with the version number
- CI should then upload a release to be verified through Jazzband